I am Head of McMillan Williams Non-Contentious Auditing & Professional Standards Team. I have worked at the firm on three separate occasions from 1985 onwards, and just cannot seem to keep away.
My current role encompasses:
- providing a valuable resource of expertise and experience going back over 35 years to advise on and improve the firm’s residential conveyancing practices and to advise the firm’s Residential Property Law Division with regard to technical and compliance issues
- providing advice and assistance to the firm’s Head of Property Law Division and Head of Residential Property Division with regard to enquires on historical residential conveyancing files
- providing advice and assistance to the firm’s Head of Compliance and Compliance Manager in respect of client care and complaints issues relating to residential conveyancing
- reviewing residential conveyancing files and working alongside the firm’s Residential Conveyancers with regard to any matters arising from the audits
- providing advice on Private Client aspects of residential conveyancing
I am told I am a well regarded Solicitor who is known for being able to spot even the oddest points and is highly respected in the firm.
I qualified as a Solicitor in 1982 and first joined McMillan Williams in 1985 because it offered the career specialisations I wanted to pursue. I have experienced fee earning, managerial and training roles in several legal firms of differing sizes (including a national firm) and, having returned to McMillan Williams for the third time in 2008, enjoy the variety and challenges of my current role.
Outside work, I follow football and am a member of the Campaign for Real Ale.