Firm Trained With
Kester Cunningham John
I am a tenacious and dedicated litigator having acted for clients with the most serious injuries for over ten years. My focus is helping clients and their families access the rehabilitation and resources they need throughout the course of the claim and securing the maximum settlement to allow clients to live as fully as possible after the accident.
My particular areas of expertise are:
- brain injury
- complex orthopaedic injuries
- chronic pain arising from road traffic accidents and accidents at work
As a keen cyclist, I am especially passionate about assisting those who have been injured in cycling accidents. I have experience of overseas claims using English law as forum or acting as co-counsel, for example, with US attorneys.]
- Mr X suffered a moderately severe brain injury as the result of an accident at work. Complex arguments were raised regarding Mr X's failure to wear a hard hat on site. I worked with a case manager and support workers throughout the claim. The settlement at an RTM of over £1,100,000.
- Mr Z suffered partial tetraplegia at C6 in a motorcycle accident. The case settled at an RTM for £3,500,000.
- Ms Y suffered a mild traumatic brain injury following a rear end shunt which affected her ability to work full-time. Advised by previous solicitors to accept a settlement of £2,500. At an RTM, her case settled for over £182,000.
I have also assisted on the following cases:
- Woodham v Turner  EWCA Civ 375
- Leesmith v Evans  EWCH QB 134
- Tate v Cambridge City Council (Cambridge County Court, 1 May 2013)
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work