Firm Trained With
TWM Solicitors LLP
I am a specialist family lawyer, mediator and collaborative lawyer.
My practise includes:
- Advising on Divorce and separation and the financial implications that follow a relationship breakdown.
- Working with clients who often have complex financial arrangements with family businesses, trusts and substantial assets whether held in the UK or overseas.
- Advising unmarried clients on their property rights and securing financial support where there are children.
- Advising on children cases typically where there are difficult or sensitive contact issues or where international relocation is involved.
- Advising clients who are planning to marry about pre and post-nuptial agreements.
I always strive for negotiated settlements but will involve the Court where necessary, particularly where there are issues of non-disclosure. I regularly instruct Counsel from the top London chambers and have excellent relationships with expert forensic accountants, actuaries and other professionals in order to support my clients.
As a family mediator I promote Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). In mediation, I meet with the couple to consider practical solutions to settling financial and/or children disputes. Mediation aims to reduces conflict and improve communications between the couple, which must be a priority where there are children of the family.
Awards, Accreditations & Memberships
- Women in Law Award 2015 - recognizes achievement and success among women in the legal profession.
- Member of Resolution, the National Family Law association which is committed to constructive resolution of disputes and promotes and develops the highest standards of practice.
- Member of the Surrey Resolution Committee for nearly 10 years and held the office of press officer for part of that time.
- Member of Surrey Law Society.
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work
Until recently I regularly advised at the Surrey Law Centre in Guildford and also Walton-on-Thames.