Name of Firm Trained With
Osmond Gaunt & Rose, London
I am Solicitor specialising in claims brought by the victims of injury through road traffic collision, and breach of employers' and public bodies responsibility. I have more than 20 years' experience in pursuing such claims acting specifically for those who sustain serious brain injuries, chronic pain and for families suffering a bereavement.
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
- Member and Assessor for the Law Society's Personal Injury Accreditation panel
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers' since 1994
- In 2013, I was listed in the "Super Lawyers" magazine and in the Headway "Head Injury Solicitors Directory”.
- in 2013 Mrs X who was bereaved following her husband's death in a road traffic collision and awarded £710,000 following negotiation for her and her children's future which was approved by the High Court.
- in 2013 Mr C who was a young adult claim was settled for £191,000 following his right foot being crushed under the wheels of a fork-lift truck whilst at work.
- in 2013 Mrs B was finally awarded 4 times the initial sum offered to her to settle her claim following a road traffic collision in which she suffered complex regional pain syndrome.
- in 2012 Mr C who suffered a fractured skull in a road traffic collision in which a diesel spill had caused the road to be unsafe. With early rehabilitation Mr C made a good recovery being awarded £161,523.
- in 2012 Mr D who suffered a dislocated ankle and compound fractures around his shin following falling through a false roof on a building site whose claim settled for £170,000.
- in 2011 Mr A was awarded £90,000 after suffering post-traumatic stress disorder after his lorry caught fire on the motorway whilst working.
- in 2009 Mr E was awarded £600,000 after sustaining a head injury a road traffic collision in which the issue of blame was hotly contested.
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work
- I volunteer as a media spokesperson for road safety charity BRAKE, regularly appearing on television and radio to comment on road safety issues. This has included appearances on BBC Breakfast, Daily Politics and the "Today" programme on Radio 4
- I deliver training about injury law to other professionals including the police and medical personnel
- Since 2007, I have been an annual guest lecturer at Middlesex University law department giving advice about my area of law and entering the legal profession.