Firm Trained With
Mayo & Perkins (now Mayo Wynne Baxter)
- East Sussex County Council v AG (Finding of Fact)  EWHC 536 (Fam): I was instructed by the Guardian of AG in this case where Findings were made that the parents had poisoned their baby by giving him alcohol and antihistamine. This is the highest level of alcohol ever recorded in a baby.
- Re X, Y and Z (Damages Inordinate Delay in Issuing Proceedings)  EWFC B44: I was instructed by the Guardian in this case which saw the largest award made to date for breaches of Human Rights in the context of pre-proceedings failures by a local authority.
- Re K (unreported) 2014 - acted for separately represented 12-year-old boy of a large sibling group. Successfully fought a care plan for adoption of his 4-year-old brother. Both children remain together in long-term placement.
- Re M-F (Children)  EWCA Civ 991 – instructed by Guardian. Sought adjournment of 4th Final Hearing in week 57 on the basis of Re S (A Child)  EWCC B44 (Fam), to which I drew the Court's attention. Local Authority lost Appeal in which President approved Guardian’s position. The child went home.
- Re A  EWCA Civ 743 – acted for Mother on Human Rights Appeal involving the tension between s46 and s47 Children Act 1989 when local authority sought for police to exercise police protection rather than issuing EPO Application.
- Re F  EWCA Civ 439 – acted for Father on Application for leave to revoke Placement Order. Court of Appeal Judgment heavily criticized local authority practice of placing the child on the eve of an on-notice hearing. The case received widespread media attention.
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships: