Firm Trained With
English, Gujarati, Hindi
I represent clients in a variety of family law matters including divorce, financial relief, domestic abuse and private children law matters including applications for child arrangements orders (formerly termed residence and contact orders).
I also conduct my own advocacy which enables me to provide consistent and specialist representation to my clients throughout their cases.
I take on both private paying and legal aid funded clients alike.
- I represented a Father who was visually impaired in two sets of proceedings for a child arrangements order over a period of 3 years. The latter proceedings resulted in an order being made that his four year old daughter was to reside with him on a full-time basis.
- I successfully negotiated a financial settlement for my client despite her Husband's attempts to undermine her contribution to the marriage.
- I represented a client in proceedings for the transfer of a tenancy of the family home into her sole name. Her husband had been convicted of attempting to murder her and she was extremely vulnerable. The order was made in her favour as well as an indefinite non-molestation order to prevent the Husband from coming to her village on his eventual release from prison.
- I represented a client in her application for an occupation order where her partner had obtained the tenancy to the family home in his sole name by deception. I was successful in seeking an order that my client and her child was to reside in the home for an indefinite period to the exclusion of her partner.
- I represented a Father who had been constantly restricted by his children's mother from seeing his children for 3 years. The matter concluded with a Child Arrangements Order in the Father's favour which included substantial overnight and holiday contact.
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work
- I regularly take part in Legal Walk for the London Legal Support Trust
- I have advised clients at the Central Family Court's Citizens Advice Bureau
- I have held a lecture on domestic abuse and remedies to a hundred volunteers from Victim Support
- I have also assisted the Ministry of Justice's digital team in relation to the new Client and Cost Management System in my previous role.