Firm Trained With
I started out practising business law in the City just as this country became a member of the Common Market and joined MW in Devon just as we have voted to leave the EU - the name change sums it all up. I am particularly interested in smaller, family businesses where adaptability and resilience have always been crucial qualities for survival and growth. Free of CAP, these qualities will be needed in farming, where there will be new opportunities for innovation and diversification. I believe personal service, speed of response and the ability to get the job done are essential attributes in helping clients achieve their goals.
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
- LlB London
- Member of the Law Society Law Society
- Management Buyout - This company has a £4 million turnover supplying and installing beer and cider making equipment and consumables nation-wide. It is the only business in this sector that can supply and install from start to finish and has seen solid growth over the past few years with the proliferation of craft beer and cider makers in this country. The management now have the opportunity to take the business to a new level.
- Engineering Acquisition - This Devon based family business has recently acquired a specialist CNC manufacturing company to meet demand for specialist engineering products. It is an example of a company having the engineering expertise to compete globally and is now adding to its portfolio.
- Farming Partnership - This farming enterprise is owned by an elderly - but very active - couple who wished to introduce their grandson into the business. The solution involved the grandson acquiring an increasing share of the partnership assets over time, the while protecting the capital tax advantages available to the owners.
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work
- I headed up a small charity that found farm work and gardening employment for young people with learning disabilities.