I began my career as a Legal Executive, thereafter completing the LPC with distinction and qualifying as a Solicitor in 2014.
I have worked in the legal industry for over 9 years with experience not only in private client but also in litigation, family and conveyancing. My experience provides me with an exceptional understanding of my client’s needs especially during emotional legal processes. I deal with instructions practically, constructively and cost effectively.
I am experienced in all areas of private client law and can assist clients with:
- Will drafting
- Estate administration
- Court of Protection matters
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Tax planning & care home fee planning
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
- Member of Law Society Private Client Section
- I worked along side a financial advisor to put in place effective measures to make maximum use of Business Property Relief available in a multi-million pound family business.
- I utilised individual Capital Gains Tax allowances to reduce the overall tax liability of a cross jurisdiction estate.
- I successfully negotiated settlement of a complicated estate comprising a mutual will trust.
- I advised Trustees where the deceased was a beneficiary of a number of historic family Trusts.
- I successfully administered an intestate estate where the deceased was murdered. This was a high profile case and I worked alongside Counsel to ensure all potential legal claims were established and the beneficiaries were aware of the claims they could make. I also attended a Coroner’s hearing as a representative of the estate.
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work
- I have held a monthly legal clinic for Age Concern advising on all areas of private client law for the past 2 years.
- I recently ran a short course for Mole Valley Carers where I gave presentations in person to Carers on Wills, Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection and Trusts. The course was aimed at Carers to ensure they were fully informed about the possible legal steps that could be taken now or in the future to protect themselves and their relatives.
I take part in various annual will writing schemes including; Amnesty International, Will Aid and St Catherine's Hospice.