Firm Trained With
Hickman & Rose
I have over eleven years experience in representing clients facing criminal charges ranging from being drunk and disorderly to conspiracy to murder.
Over the last few years I have developed an expertise in extradition law with recent notable cases including:
- acting in the first Peruvian extradition request in living memory.
- acting in an American request where my the requested person was discharged at the magistrates' court.
- securing the discharge of numerous requested persons in the last few months, ranging from working parents to vulnerable and homeless single persons.
- securing the acquittal, on appeal to the crown court, of both defendants in a large-scale public order incident in which the evidence against them consisted of the testimony of numerous police officers, and where the prosecution was represented by a recorder of the crown court.
- identifying an entirely novel point of law (domestic arrest warrants in extradition proceedings), which is currently before the Supreme Court.
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
- Member of the Law Society
- Member of the Criminal Litigation Accreditation Scheme (CLAS)
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work
I provide free legal advice to a number of pressure groups campaigning on a range of issues from excessive secrecy in the family courts to deaths in custody.