I am a highly experienced Civil Litigation Solicitor, used to handling complex cases. I am committed to excellence and am a very effective case manager, able to give clear and practical advice to my clients. I attended school in Essex and graduated with a law degree from Leeds University, starting my career in Essex, before moving to Norfolk, from where I joined MW.
At MW, I use my substantial litigation experience to deal with:
I work on all manner of property disputes including:
- landlord and tenant
- possession proceedings
- illegal evictions
- breach of lease terms
- service charges
- applications to the First Tier Tribunal
- boundary and rights of way disputes
General Civil Litigation & Disputes
- Contract disputes
- co-ownership disputes
- undue influence claims
- other general civil litigation matters.
As well as having substantial experience in resolving disputes through the courts, I have considerable enthusiasm for dealing with disputes by Alternative Dispute Resolution, especially Mediation.
- I made a successful application to the First Tier Tribunal for a lease extension on behalf of the Tenant, which was firstly opposed by the Landlord on jurisdictional grounds and then subsequently whether the terms of acquisition had been agreed or not. I have now had to apply to the county court to approve the lease.
- I acted for an elderly lady who challenged the purchase of a retirement property into the names of her sons, which she funded, on the grounds of undue influence. I negotiated a compromise agreement, whereby the property would be sold and my client received the vast majority of the proceeds of the sale. Court proceedings then had to be commenced to successfully enforce the compromise agreement.
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
- I was President of The Norfolk and Norwich Law Society in 2002.