Have you signed a personal guarantee to support a business loan and forgotten about it? Are you receiving letters threatening court action and it is all you think about? Are you a lender trying to enforce a personal guarantee agreement?
McMillan Williams' Commercial Dispute Resolution Team are here to help you.
Partner, Chartered Legal Executive. Head of Commercial Litigation and Insolvency
Expert Advice from Dedicated Professionals
Our expert team of commercial litigators have years of experience resolving Commercial Disputes and can provide advice on:
- Enforceability of Guarantee Agreements;
- Negotiating settlement to end continuing liabilities;
- Claims against the principal debtor or other Guarantors.
Our team of dedicated professionals will help you to find a swift resolution to your issue. Your case will be referred to a specialist, not a generalist and our fees are competitive and transparent. You will know how much you have to pay before we undertake any work.
We can also work on a fixed fee basis so even if we have to spend a little more time in resolving your issue, you will not have to pay more than we quoted.
Our Track Record
We have recently acted for:
- a Guarantor of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The Tenant had accrued significant arrears and possession proceedings were issued against the Tenant together with a claim for the arrears against the Tenant and Guarantor. After careful analysis we discovered that the proceedings were fundamentally defective and agreed with the Tenant’s solicitors to dismiss the proceedings with costs in our client’s favour.
- a Lender took a guarantee from a Borrower. As the Borrower defaulted, proceedings were issued against the guarantor. We acted for the Lender and managed to agree a settlement with the guarantor.
- a Corporation that had provided a cross guarantee to in respect for the liability of the Borrower to the Lender. The arrangement was complex and involved various group companies. One of the group companies had borrowed the funds however others had guaranteed repayment. The Lender demanded repayment from one of the guarantors. We are were able to successfully agree further time to pay to enable the loan to be repaid following a re-finance.
We Can Help
At MW, our Mission is "to make quality legal services accessible to everyone" including those individuals who are in dispute or are trying to enforce a guarantee.
Ignoring the issue won't make it go away. A swift resolution can only come through specialist professional advice. If you would like to discuss your issue, call our team today on 020 3551 8500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org