Are you a lender with a loan secured against a Debtor’s property? Do and you wish to enforce your charge?. Are you a debtor and a creditor is pursuing you for repayment? Do you require advice on the enforceability of a company loan?
Partner, Chartered Legal Executive. Head of Commercial Litigation and Insolvency
Lenders will require security to be provided against your home when you apply for a mortgage. Lenders may also require security against a property when making a general loan. If you owe a debt then creditors are able to obtain judgment and then enforce the judgment with a charging order. A charging order is also a form of security against a property. Creditors can issue an application to enforce a charging order to recover the debt due.
Our Commercial Dispute Resolution Team combines almost 30 years of experience in advising on consumer and commercial credit disputes such as:
• Validity of Loan Agreements;
• Enforcement of Loans;
• Negotiations on Security Disputes;
Expert Advice from Dedicated Professionals
Our team of dedicated professionals to help guide you through your dispute.
Your case will be referred to a specialist commercial litigator, our fees are competitive and transparent. You will know how much you have to pay before we undertake any work.
We can also work on a fixed fee basis, so even if we have to spend a little more time in resolving your issue, you will not have to pay more than we quoted.
Our Track Record
We have recently acted for:
- a home owner who had been evicted following sale and possession proceedings brought by a holder of a charge over his property. The home owner required assistance in negotiating with the charge holder. We succeeded in reaching a compromise and the home owner regained possession of his property.
- a Lender that had a loan secured against a property for a lending agreement the owners had entered into, as directors of a company. We obtained and Order for possession following default of the loan and subsequently assisted the Lender to recover and sell the property.
- a home owner whose daughter lived in a property. The home owner wanted his daughter to remain in the property however a creditor had obtained a charging order against the property for a debt, many years ago. The debtor had decided to take action and enforce the charging order so obtained an Order for sale. We assisted the home owner by obtaining time to pay a reduced sum in full and final settlement which allowed his daughter to remain in the property.
We Can Help
At MW, our mission is "to make quality legal services accessible to everyone" including those who may have fallen into financial difficulties through no fault of their own.
If you need help or would like to talk to one of our Commercial Dispute Litigators to discuss your issues, call us today on 020 3551 8500 or email us at email@example.com