Shared ownership legal work is specialised and our experience is that few firms are willing to take on the work or cannot carry out the work to a high standard. McMillan Williams are one of only a very small number of firms who are specifically geared to handle the work.
Partner & Head of Shared Ownership Department & Property Law - Bexleyheath
In addition to our usual conveyancing strengths we place a particular focus on our ability to offer market experience, efficiency, precision, expert knowledge and a tailored shared ownership service.
Our experience includes:
- Shared ownership New Build and Resale purchases
- Resale sales
- Staircasing - the process of buying the remaining shares in your home.
- Reverse staircasing - the process of reducing your share of ownership in your home.
We are on all the shared ownership lender panels.
Furthermore, the department is experienced in dealing with other (but less common) government backed affordable home ownership schemes in existence such as:
- Shared Equity Schemes
- Discount Market Scheme
- Right to Buy - a scheme to help you buy your council home
- Right to Acquire - a scheme to help you buy your Housing Association home
We Can Help
If you are a key worker, a first-time buyer or are thinking about staircasing your existing share of your home, our team of experienced Residential Property Solicitors are waiting to help you. Call us today on 0203 551 8500 or email us at email@example.com.