Summary Only Offences
The total cost of your case will depend on the length, complexity and location of any hearing.
Our hourly rates can be used as a guideline, although our Solicitors will endeavour to provide a tailored fixed fee quote taking into account all of the circumstances of your case.
- Solicitor with 8 or more years of Post Qualified Experience (PQE) - £250 to £395 +VAT
- Solicitor with 4 to 7 years PQE - £200 to £270 +VAT
- Solicitor with less than 4 years PQE - £165 to £195 +VAT
- Trainee or Paralegal - £125 +VAT
What is Included
Any fixed fee would include:
- Attendance and Preparation of
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
- Taking statements from any witnesses
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
What is Not Included
Additional costs for:
- Fees charged by any expert witnesses (including alcohol back calculation reports, medical reports etc)
- Any additional disbursement costs including travel expenses
Key Stages of an Example Case
The key stages of a typical case where there has been a guilty plea and there is a date for the hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. The time spent at court will depend on your case.
- We will discuss the outcome with you.
How Long Will it Take?
The length of your case will depend on how you plead and at which court your hearing will be held.