Firm Trained With
English & Punjabi.
I have over 16 years experience acting for a variety of lenders on regulated and non-regulated loans, loans to individuals and corporate bodies, multi million pound loans secured over numerous titles/securities, purchases, refinances and further advances. I have dealt with most types of securities and have experience with loans over development/build projects where funds are released in staged payments. I have dealt with transactions from loan origination through to repossession sales.
In addition to acting for a number of lenders I have also managed various successful teams of lawyers servicing lenders including an in-house legal department for a highly successful commercial lender.
I have previously held positions as a Partner for a number of years and as a Head of Department.
- I acted for a bridging lender who provided multi-million pound funding to borrower who had purchased a castle in Wales with a view of refurbishing elements of it to provide luxury apartments. The titles to the castle were complex and were already charged to multiple lenders who were threatening to repossess the security. There were numerous issues from rights of way to planning that needed to be addressed. I successfully concluded the transaction in time to prevent the security from being repossessed by the prior lenders.
- I acted for a bridging lender who provided multi-million pound funding to some borrowers who owned a 275 acre farm which had been split on multiple titles with numerous residential buildings and farm buildings. The borrowers needed funding to restructure their existing finances and were facing the real threat of repossession by one their existing lenders. I successfully completed the transaction. Over a period of time parcels of land and buildings were sold off and released from my clients charge.
- I acted for a bridging lender and was alerted to the fact that a potential mortgage fraud was about take place. The proposed loan was for £1.5m. I reported this and made all the necessary notifications as soon as I was alert to the fact. This all took place long before completion was scheduled. The perpetrators of the fraud were captured by the police during a sting operation when they attended my client’s offices and were successfully prosecuted and imprisoned for mortgage fraud. No loss was suffered by my client.
- I have acted for numerous bridging clients in 100’s of transactions varying from small mixed used buildings to high value commercial/residential premises.
- I successfully set up a property referral network in North London. We initially met in my firm’s boardroom but the group grew to such a size that I was forced to hire a local venue to accommodate the number of attendees. This enhanced my firm’s profile locally and lead to increased level of business as a result of the referrals we received.
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
Law Society Member