Firm Trained With
Gary Jacobs, Mehta & Co.
English, British Sign Language (BSL level 1)
I joined McMillan Williams in 2017 having practised for over 15 years in leading Criminal Defence firms in East and South London. I am Higher Right Advocate with significant advocacy experience, maintaining an impressive acquittal rate in Crown Court trials.
I am experienced in all areas of Criminal litigation with a focus on the most serious crimes including Murder and Fraud.
I pride myself on my first rate client care skills and have successfully handled many high-profile cases of Rape, Drug Importation, Money Laundering, Indecent Images, Conspiracy to Defraud, Sexual Offences and Perverting the course of Justice.
I am a well known Criminal Practitioner in the local Courts being a member of the Bromley, Camberwell Green, Croydon, and Wimbledon Duty Solicitors Schemes.
Awards, Accreditations & Memberships:
- 2010 - Higher Rights of Audience (Criminal Courts)
- 2002 - Duty Solicitor Accreditation
- 2001 - Police Station Accreditation
- R v S-C - acquitted of Murder where a drug dealer was killed after being hijacked by a gang.
- R v M - nationally reported Murder involving former 1970s TV actor. 'Mercy Killing' case, where the defendant was acquitted of Murder, pleading guilty to Manslaughter. Very unusually avoided a custodial sentence due to extensive mitigation.
- R v M – successful defence in a Conspiracy to commit Armed Robbery, where a gang armed with firearms targeted a greyhound stadium.
- R v G – acquitted of Multi handed 250k Conspiracy to commit Fraud involving Deaf defendants claiming 'Access to Work' payments.
- R v D - represented principal defendant in a series of multi-handed ‘Cash in Transit’ Robberies
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work
- I am a keen runner and ran the 'Reigate Half Marathon', raising money for the Samaritans.