Firm Trained With
Rix and Kay Solicitors
I trained at Rix and Kay Solicitors in Sussex, qualifying in 2012. Before this, I worked at Harman and Harman Solicitors in Canterbury, a specialist clinical negligence firm.
I deal with a wide range of clinical negligence and personal injury cases, including:
- cerebral palsy claims
- adults with brain injuries following accidents at work and road traffic accidents
- cancer misdiagnosis claims
- claims following plastic surgery errors
- psychiatric claims,
- group actions involving sexual abuse by GPs
- claims against Hospital Trusts for poor care of the elderly.
I take a caring and holistic approach to my client’s cases, helping them to deal with the difficult aftermath that injury can bring.
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
- Member of both Sussex Acquired Brain Injury Forum and Kent Acquired Brain Injury Forum.
Work in the Community / Pro Bono Work
- Heavily involved with the Silver Lining Charity, who support people with brain injuries. Coordinator for the Sussex branch, arranging social activities for the members and fundraising events, which recently included organizing the launch party attended by 1000 people.
- Involved with group actions for sexual assault by GPs against Dr Rodney Tate, Dr Alan Tutin and Dr Anthony Collis.
- Involved with a large group action against Kent surgeon Dr David Jackson, following numerous errors on patient’s during plastic surgery procedures.
- Involved with a group action against Maidstone Hospital NHS Trust and East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust for the government investigated c-difficile outbreak.
- Involvement in the Court of Appeal claim Alan Armsden (Executor of the Estate of Rachel Cheesewright, Deceased) v Kent Police (2009), which was a difficult claim against the police, following a road traffic accident, which resulted in the death of a young mother.
- Employer’s liability personal injury claim resulting in a brain injury - settled for £85,000
- Cancer misdiagnosis claim – settled for £85,000
- Cancer misdiagnosis claim – settled for £100,000
- Road Traffic Accident claim- resulting in serious orthopaedic injuries- settled for £75,000