We collect debts for large businesses, local authorities and debt purchasers.
Partner & Deputy Head of Civil & Commercial Litigation
We have the apparatus and experience needed to conduct large scale debt collection and we use the latest technology to keep costs down. Our service is of the highest standards of quality because we ensure that the whole debt collection process is overseen by experienced Commercial Debt Recovery Lawyers.
- A fixed fee for specified work;
- Attempt at early settlement;
- For volume cases, payment of your up-front disbursements.
Our work includes all stages of collection from pre-action to enforcement including:
- Applications for County Court and High Court Judgments;
- Charging Orders;
- Orders for Sale and Possession of Property;
- Attachment of Earnings Orders;
- Enforcement of Orders Abroad.
Our specialist Insolvency Team is also on hand to advise on any Bankruptcy and Liquidation issues.
Experienced and Dedicated Professionals
Solicitor - Commercial Dispute Resolution & Insolvency
At McMillan Williams we have a team of dedicated professionals to advise you on the swift resolution of your commercial debt problem.
We have acted for individuals to collect one off debts and we have acted for corporates dealing in bulk debt collection.
Our fees are transparent and the process streamlined. By acting swiftly we are able to assist in the smooth recovery of a debt or indeed negotiate a settlement for repayment of a debt be that in a plan of payment by installment or as a one off payment. We can assist in funding disbursements for Part 8 proceedings along with Bankruptcy Petitions on bulk recovery work which means there is no outlay for you.
Our Track Record
We have recently acted for:
- debt collectors where we issue proceedings, obtain judgment and charging orders. We then enforce the charging orders to recover the debt.
- debtors on numerous occasions where we have helped them with time to pay arrangements, or helped negotiate a reduction in the debt taking away the pressure and stress involved with these matter.
We Can Help
At MW, our mission is "to make quality legal services accessible to everyone", including those whose finances could be compromised by the bad debts of others, through no fault of their own.