When a close relationship with a partner or family member breaks down, the resulting hurt and anger will sometimes lead to tempers becoming frayed. Such anguish can lead to allegations of domestic abuse being made against you, which can be devastating for you and everyone involved in your life.
Accusations of domestic violence can take many forms. Apart from actual physical harm, it can include sexual abuse, controlling or coercive behaviour, harassment, abusive calls, letters or messages, or stalking.
All of these offences are serious and if convicted can lead to you facing time in jail, as well as leaving your reputation in tatters and putting enormous strain on your relationship with loved ones. Early legal advice to tackle such claims head on is a must.
How we can help
The Criminal Defence Team at MW Solicitors is adept at dealing with allegations of all forms of domestic violence, including:
- sexual abuse;
- financial abuse;
- threatening words or behaviour;
- emotional or psychological abuse;
- harassment or stalking;
- malicious communications;
- forced marriage;
- female genital mutilation; and
- honour-based abuse.
Our specialist Criminal Defence Lawyers will defend your case professionally and robustly.
We will forensically examine every aspect of your case and the claims against you from the outset, putting all of our formidable organisational and analytical skills at your disposal to mount a strong defence and secure the best possible outcome.
We will be at your side every step of the way, including:
- at the crucial police interview stage, offering expert legal advice, protecting your rights and ensuring correct procedures are followed;
- at any pre-trial court hearings if you are charged, where we will strive to win you bail; and
- at trial, if your case gets that far, where we will ensure the top barristers are there to speak on your behalf, cross-examine witnesses and find holes in the prosecution’s case.
Every possible defence available to you will be explored and every piece of evidence and witness statement against you scrutinised to find proof to support your claims.
We offer a variety of funding options including legal aid (depending on your financial situation and the merits of your case) or you may wish to privately fund your defence. We offer fixed fees where possible to give you certainty from the outset.
At MW Solicitors, Our Mission is "To make quality legal services accessible to everyone" including those arrested or charged with domestic violence.