Have you signed a personal guarantee to support a business loan and forgotten about it? Are you a lender trying to enforce a personal guarantee agreement? Are you receiving letters threatening court action and it is all you can think about?
Don’t worry, our Commercial Dispute Resolution Team are here to help you.
Partner & Deputy Head of Civil & Commercial Litigation
Expert Advice from Dedicated Professionals
Our expert team of commercial litigation lawyers have years of experience resolving Commercial Disputes and can provide advice on
- The enforcement of Guarantee Agreements;
- Negotiating settlements to end continuing liabilities;
- Claims against the principal debtor or other Guarantors.
Our team of dedicated Insolvency Lawyers will help you to find a swift resolution to your issue. Your case will be handled by a specialist. Our fees are competitive and you will know how much you have to pay before we undertake any work.
We can also work on a fixed fee basis, so even if we have to spend a little more time in resolving your issue, you will not have to pay more than we quoted.
Our Track Record
We have recently acted for:
- The Guarantor of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The Tenant had significant arrears and possession proceedings were issued against them together with a claim for the arrears against the Tenant and Guarantor. We discovered that the proceedings were defective and agreed with the Tenant’s solicitors to dismiss the proceedings with costs in our client’s favour.
- A Lender who took a guarantee from a borrower. When the borrower defaulted, proceedings were issued against the guarantor. We acted for the Lender and managed to agree a settlement with the guarantor.
- A Corporation who provided a cross guarantee for the liability of the Borrower to the Lender. The arrangement was complex and involved various group companies. One of the group companies had borrowed the funds whilst others had guaranteed repayment. The Lender demanded repayment from one of the guarantors. We successfully agreed a time extension enabling the loan to be repaid following a re-finance.
We Can Help
At MW Solicitors, our mission is "to make quality legal services accessible to everyone" including those in dispute trying to enforce a guarantee. Ignoring the issue does not make it go away. A swift resolution can only come through specialist professional advice.