I joined McMillan Williams in 1999 and am Head of the Criminal Litigation Department. I am the Lead Defence Lawyer and a well known Criminal Practitioner within the local Courts. I was the last Chairman of the Croydon Duty Solicitor Committee Scheme having previously held the post of Administrator of the Scheme since 1999. I am also a member of the Bromley, Camberwell Green, Croydon, Sutton and Wimbledon Duty Solicitors Schemes. I have Higher Rights of Audience in Criminal Proceedings and frequently appears in the Crown Court.
My first rate client care skills have enabled me to build a very large client base, not limited to the immediate locality. I have successfully handled many high-profile cases of Murder, Drugs Importation, Money Laundering, People trafficking, Indecent Images, various large-scale conspiracies to defraud, Rape as well as other Sexual Offences against children and Perverting the course of Justice.
A number of these cases have received local, national and international media attention and my practice has led me to be instructed on numerous high profile cases such as:
- R v L - Murder
- R v S - Murder
- R v H - Biggest Drug Importation Case in the United Kingdom in 2006, client acquitted after I travelled extensively around the Caribbean on defence preparatory work.
- R v M - First ever prosecution by the department of health for falsification of clinical trial data.
- R v Y - Large scale people trafficking]
- R v D - Conspiracy to defraud
- R v E - Large importation of Cocaine
- R v T - Downloading of indecent images
- R v M - Perverting the course of Justice/Murder
- R v B - Facilitation of Sham marriages.
- R v K - Rape
I also specialise in Children matters and undertake Public Law, Child Care and Children Act Matters often acting for parents although I have taken instructions from the Official Solicitors Office.
Awards, Accreditations and Memberships
I am in love with the “beautiful game” being an ardent Arsenal supporter.