Firm Trained With
I specialise in proceedings relating to children including:
- Applications for Care and Supervision Orders,
- Child Arrangements Orders (covering Residence and Contact),
- Specific Issue and Prohibited Steps Orders,
- Applications for Leave to remove children from the UK.
I represent parents, children, siblings, grandparents and other family members helping them to make and respond to Applications. I have a particular specialism in social services cases for parents and children or complex contact/residence cases involving allegations of sexual/physical abuse or persistent refusal of contact. I have particular experience in:
- Adoption and Special Guardianship Applications
- Child Protection, including representing parents in meetings with Local Authority Social work teams aiming to avoid proceedings and the removal of children from their family
- Acting for older children in proceedings concerning them.
- Advocacy in all levels of Family Court Trials
- Cases involving allegations of Domestic Abuse; particularly where issues of safe contact arise
- I am particularly proud of the work I do with McMillan Williams providing legal advice to SSAFA social workers supporting British Forces Families serving throughout the world
Much of my recent work has focused on the implications of new Government proposals for legal funding and formulating the Association of Lawyers for Children's response to the Family Justice Review.
- Association of Lawyers for Children, Co-Chair, November 2012 - present, Exec committee member since 2005
- Member of the Legal Aid Sub-Committee involved in negotiations with the Legal Services Commission and other Family Law bodies over fixed fees and Legal Aid funding
- Chair of the Legal Providers Group at the Croydon Family Justice Centre
- Member of the Family Justice Centre Management Team
- Member of Resolution and Accredited Specialist since January 2002 in the areas of Private Law Children and Domestic Abuse
- Law Society Children Panel since April 2000
Awards and Accreditations
- I have been actively involved as a Girl Guide for 20 years, running a unit of 10-15-year-old girls who enjoy a wide range of activities from camping and campfire cooking to crafts and first aiding, to mention just a few!! I also enjoy visiting the Theatre, occasional gardening and dining with friends.